Seaweed is the new superfood. A good source of protein and iodine, as well as antioxidants, it's fast becoming a popular ingredient in vegetarian cooking. Try these delicious dumplings, perfect as a filling snack or an appetizer.
For the filling
- 3 large onions
- 1 grated carrot
- 80 grams of Seaweed
- oregano and thyme to taste
- 1 small tofu
For the dough
- 250 gr of whole wheat flour
- 250 gr of cornflour or cornstarch
- a glass of water
- 4 tbsp of oil
- a pressed yeast nut
- Sesame, salt, and pepper to taste
- Boil the seaweed in water for half an hour.
- In a frying pan brown the finely chopped onion. Then add the seaweed, oregano, and thyme. Stir to combine all the ingredients, and remove from the heat and reserve.
2. For the dough
- In a frying pan mix the water and the oil and heat for a minute or two. Add the yeast and salt and stir well
- Set the flour in the form of a volcano and add the mixture of water, oil, and yeast in the center. Knead until you obtain a very homogeneous dough, and let it sit for half an hour.
- Stretch the dough with a rolling pin and cut with a round mold.
- Fill the dough with the seaweed stuffing and close on the edges to make your dumplings.
- Paint with a little oil and add the sesame on top.
- Take to the oven, previously heated to 200 ºC / 392 ºF, until the surface is golden and crisp. Or you can choose to steam your dumplings.
Would you try these vegan dumplings?
You may also like these articles!