Why not try to have a more sustainable holiday this time? Try a super easy dinner dish for Christmas!
The meat and dairy industry pollutes more than all the world’s planes, trains, cars and boats. Why not try a plant-based menu for a change? You will be giving the environment a break and I assure you, it’s just as tasty!
- 1 large cauliflower
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, very finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 4 tbsp flour
- 750ml unsweetened almond milk
- 150ml soya cream
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 25g breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- Garlic bread and a green salad to serve
- Heat the oven to 180C. Cut off the cauliflower stalk so it sits flat and place it on a piece of foil in a baking dish and rub over 1 tbsp oil. Sprinkle over 2 tbsp water, season to taste, then cover with the foil and cook for 1 hr 30 mins.
- Sauté the onions, the garlic together with the mace and thyme leaves until the onions are soft, add flour and stir for a couple of minutes and slowly add the almond milk. Keep on stirring until it is thickened, remove from the heat and add the soya cream and mustard.
- Take the cauliflower from the oven and place it in the baking dish and pour the sauce over it. Cover the cauliflower with the breadcrumbs and the almonds and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crumbs are golden.
- Serve with a green salad and some garlic bread and voilà your Christmas dinner!
Now that you know how to prepare a vegan Christmas dinner, will you indulge in it?
You may also like this article!