Can you make a coconut macaroon with only two ingredients? Well, of course! Just follow these simple steps and enjoy a delicious dessert.
A macaron or macaroon is a French sweet meringue-based confection made with egg white, icing sugar, granulated sugar, almond meal, and food coloring. But this recipe not only is low-sugar but a healthy alternative and super easy and quick to make.
Ingredients (for about 12-14 macaroons):
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut (You can use unsweetened coconut. In this case, add 2 tbsp of sugar)
- 1 egg white or egg white alternative
- Optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350F or 170C.
2. Whisk the egg white and then stir into the shredded coconut until well combined.
3. Using a tablespoon, scoop the coconut mix and form little macaroons. You will need about 12 tbs for each. Place on a lined baking tray.
4. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the tops become golden. Allow to cool and tuck in!