Spring has come and we all want to get in shape and enjoy tasty food and drinks. And what's the perfect match for that? Of course, smoothies! We believe they are healthy, low in fat and carbohydrates.
Many people believe that any smoothie is healthy, but beware! This is not always the case. The main goal is to create a drink full of vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants. The secret is to choose fresh and natural fruits and veggies, without falling into the temptation to add sugar and highly caloric ingredients.
What is a healthy smoothie?
- It is generally recommended that a smoothie should be 60% fruits and 40% vegetables, preferably green leaves.
- Use fresh fruits and vegetables mixed with water or non-dairy milk. Avoid synthetic juices because they contain too many calories and sugar.
- We must not use too much sugar, juices, powdered chocolate, or syrups. Smoothies are digested very quickly in our stomachs, so they don't keep us full for a long time, which is why we must control the portion of fruits and vegetables we add.
Benefits of smoothies
- It helps stay hydrated: About 70 percent of your body is water, smoothies are a great way to replenish the loss of water.
- Green smoothies that contain a lot of green leafy vegetables add essential vitamins and minerals and the fiber supplied by these drinks multiplies the benefits.
- They contain antioxidants: make your smoothies rich in antioxidants -include matcha, green tea, berries and leafy greens for a daily dose of antioxidants.
In conclusion, smoothies are very healthy drinks that provide many vitamins and help us regulate our weight. Still, we must be careful about what we include in them.
Here are some good ideas!
You may also like this article!