The sales of vegetable milk are on the rise and there are now more options of vegan milk alternatives than ever.
Making a choice may not be easy, so let’s break down some of the pros and cons of vegetable milks. Today we’ll look at some main points to consider before purchasing almond milk.
- Almond milk is lower in saturated fat and calories and is also full of omega-3 fats, which support balanced cholesterol levels.
- Almond milk is a good source of the antioxidant vitamin E, so it can help slow the signs of aging.
- The flavonoids in almond milk also help to fight free radicals in the body, protecting you from a number of diseases that occur with again.
- Almond milk is lactose free, and contains no gluten or casein, so it's a good alternative for those who suffer from lactose or gluten intolerance.
80 % of the almond milk comes from California.
- Almond milk isn't safe for consumption by those who suffer nut allergies.
- To reach your calcium needs, you will have to opt for a calcium-fortified formula ( 300 mg of calcium per serving)
- Growing almonds has a significant impact on the environment. It takes five liters of water to grow one almond.
- Many almond milk brands offer very low percentage of almonds. Always check the labels and avoid purchasing those with sweeteners.
If almond milk is your choice, try our delicious popsicles.