If it's someone's birthday or you are just craving something sweet, before going to a grocery, try cooking this vegan chocolate cake recipe. It has a delicious and intense flavor thanks to the chocolate and the best of all is that it does not contain any products of animal origin!
Besides being delicious, chocolate is full of benefits and properties. It is a direct source of phosphorus, magnesium and potassium. When we eat it, our brain releases endorphins that stimulate the feeling of happiness. It is even a source of energy so you can eat chocolate before training. It is always recommended to consume dark or semi-bitter chocolate. At Koko news we love chocolate and that's why we recommend this recipe that will conquer everyone's palate!
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of sunflower oil
- 1 and 1/2 cups of almond milk
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup of semisweet chocolate (150 gr)
- 1 tbsp of vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Pour the flour, the baking powder, and sugar into a bowl and mix well.
- Add the sunflower oil and mix. Next, add slowly the almond milk and whisk well once again. Set aside.
- Cut the dark chocolate into small pieces and put them into the microwave for 30 seconds. If it is not melted yet, you can add a few more seconds. It must be melted but not burned.
- Add the melted chocolate and the vanilla essence with the other ingredients. Mix slowly with a wooden spoon. You can add another bit of almond milk if you want.
- Spread margarine into a cake mold and pour the dough into it.
- Bake at 180ºC for 40 minutes, or until you place a skewer in the cake and it comes out clean. That's all folks!