Fast, cheap, and delicious! Discover here an excellent recipe, with only 4 ingredients to prepare a sponge cake.
Are you looking for a sponge cake recipe to make at home but all the ones you found ask for many ingredients? Ok, we share with you a recipe to prepare this dessert in which you only need 4 ingredients and a few minutes.
Pro tip: To make it vegan choose an egg substitute (something like Orgran will do the job). Now yes, here is the recipe to make a super easy sponge cake with only 4 ingredients.
- 200 grams of self-rising flour
- 200 grams of sugar
- 4 eggs or egg replacer
- Vanilla extract to taste (Choose vanilla extract as it’s a natural product. Vanilla essence is a chemically produced substance.)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (356F)
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Place the yolks in a small bowl and the whites in a larger one. Add half the sugar (100g) to the yolks. Beat well with an electric mixer, until obtaining a kind of whitish cream.
- Whisk the egg whites until they begin to get soft peaks. Add the remaining sugar and continue whisking until stiff. Then add the yolks to the mixture. (For the vegan version, check your egg replacer package for instructions on how to make "whites" and "yolks".)
- Mix with enveloping movements until you get a homogenous mass, add the sifted flour and mix well.
- Line a baking tin with parchment paper and pour in the dough. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool for at least 10 minutes, remove from the tin and let cool completely.
Enjoy with your favorite hot beverage!
You may also like these cake recipes!