Peter started out his professional life as a restaurant critic but ended up moving to the kitchen, realizing that his passion didn’t only lie in tasting the food, but MAKING it. Follow his delicious recipes, as well as useful articles about the many benefits healthy and delicious food will bring to your life.+ info
Traditional pancakes include milk, cream, and butter in their recipes. If you’re lactose intolerant or just following a dairy-free diet, that shouldn’t stop you from enjoying this traditional breakfast! Here’s the best way to prepare delicious and original rainbow pancakes using alternative ingredients.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Servings: 2 (makes 2 pancakes of each flavor)
- 120g plain flour
- 3 free-range eggs
- 60 gr oats
- 3 tsp extra-virgin olive oil for frying
- 20g pureed beetroot
- 1 tsp turmeric
- A handful of fresh spinach, wilted in boiling water, drained well
- Place the flour, eggs, and oat into a blender and blitz until it’s smooth.
- Split the mixture into three equal parts. Then, add the spinach to one bowl, the turmeric to the second one, and the beetroot to the third part. Mix the ingredients until the batter acquires color.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan and cook two small pancakes with each part of the mixture.
- Fry for 2 to 3 minutes on each side and enjoy!
For a salty dish, you can use any of the following toppings: poached egg, smoked salmon cut in slices, a sprinkle of fresh dill, some avocado, and salt and pepper to season. If it’s a dessert, you have many choices as well: honey, mixed fresh berries, or daily-free frozen yogurt.