Black beans are known for being an excellent source of protein, fiber and antioxidants, as well as vitamins and minerals. This recipe is super simple, quick, and really healthy.
- 2 cups of cooked black beans
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt, pepper, and cumin to taste
- 5 dried tomatoes approx
- soy sauce amount needed
- breadcrumbs to taste (or flour)
Note: for cooking bean, you have to soak it for at least 24 hours and then cook them for at least 1 1/2 hours.
- The first step is to hydrate the dried tomatoes with soy sauce for at least 15 minutes and strain.
- In a food processor mix the onion, the tomatoes, and the garlic, then add the previously cooked beans and blend well until you get a dough.
- Form the bean patties, adding the breadcrumbs as required. Grill on both sides and serve with the sauce of choice.
You can use rice flour or any kind of flour you like to make it celiac-friendly.
You may also like this recipe.