This vegan rice pudding recipe is very simple to make. It takes less than half an hour to prepare. The combination of cinnamon and orange will fascinate you!
Rice pudding is originally from Spain and its original recipe uses cow's milk. However, this option is vegan since we replace cow's milk with almond milk. It is a delicious and nutritious dessert because it's composed of carbohydrates and proteins, which will give you energy throughout the day. It may be a good option for breakfast or at the end of a meal.
- 1 cup of white rice
- 3 cups of almond or coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 orange peel
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons of honey
How to prepare
- Place in a saucepan: the rice, two cups of non-dairy milk, the salt, the cinnamon and the orange peel to give it flavor. Bring the mixture to a boil and lower the heat to medium for ten more minutes. You will notice that the liquid evaporates.
- Add the remaining cup of milk along with the honey to sweeten the dessert. With the fire still on low, continue stirring for ten more minutes until the dessert is thick. Turn off the burner.
- Remove the orange peel, and you can sprinkle the mixture with a little cinnamon or cocoa powder. Now enjoy! You can eat this dessert both hot and cold. In the refrigerator, it will better preserve its flavors.