This delicious version of the classic lasagne is a fantastic option for those trying to add more vegetables to their diet. We substitute pasta with eggplant slices to make this dish more nutritious. Enjoy!
Ingredients for vegan bolognese sauce
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 sprig of celery
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 cups of finely-textured soy
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup tomato concentrate
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 large eggplant
- vegan Bolognese sauce
- vegan tofu ricotta
- vegan parmesan cheese
Preparation of vegan bolognese sauce
- Dice the onion, carrot, and celery, and sauté in a frying pan until lightly browned, over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetable broth and add the textured soy and tamari or soy sauce, bring to a boil and stir occasionally, add the wine and continue cooking for a couple of fo minutes.
- Then add the tomato concentrate and stir well. Season with oregano, salt, and pepper and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Preparation of vegan eggplant lasagne
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise with the help of a knife or mandolin (quite thin, around 5mm), Salt the slices on both sides and let them rest in a strainer to remove excess water for 15 minutes.
- Rinse and dry the eggplant slices and cook them on a grill or frying pan until they brown on both sides, you can do it with olive oil or without oil on a non-stick frying pan.
- Arrange the lasagne, alternating bolognese sauce, and eggplant slices. Top your eggplant lasagna with vegan cheese.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC or 400ºF and bake lasagne for about 30 minutes or until golden and cheese melts.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes, slice and tuck in!
You may also like this recipe!