A trip to India was all it took for Victoria to realise that meditation is not a fancy word for sitting around in silence. It truly changed Victoria’s life to a less stressful and more mindful one. Now a freelance consultant and journalist, Victoria joined KOKO to share her knowledge on those little things that are life so much better, and cosier.+ info
The simplest and yet most delicious summer dessert only takes a few minutes.
I love the combination of sweet and sour, and baked desserts fascinate me. This particular one is a bit lower in calories and brown sugar can be replaced with honey or maple syrup. Containing berries and apples, this delicious dessert is also very healthy.
Blackberries offer many health benefits, including vitamins C and K, as well as minerals, fiber high amounts of antioxidants. And an apple a day, as we all know, keeps the doctor away.
- 2 cups of Cider
- 1 Vanilla bean
- 1/4 cups of Brown sugar
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp of Vegan butter
- 1 1/2 cups of Blueberries
- 4 yellow apples
- Heat the cider with the vanilla in a saucepan until the mix boils.
- Lower the heat and continue cooking for 15 minutes or until halved in content. Set aside.
- Mix together the sugar, cinnamon, and vegan butter. Add the berries and reserve.
- Cut off the tops of the apples, remove the core and part of the filling, and add the blackberry mixture.
- Place the apples on a baking dish, top with the berry mix, and bake for 45 minutes or until tender.