Try this classic "tortilla", Spanish omelette, but vegan! With either regular or sweet potato. Delish!
The "tortilla" is a signature dish in Spanish cuisine. The classic Spanish omelette is made with eggs, potatoes, and onions. But, can you make an omelette without eggs? Yes, it is possible!
This simple and quick recipe is 100% vegan. It's great either as a starter or a main course if you add spinach and cherry tomatoes, or your veggies of choice!
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 medium potato or sweet potato
- 2 tbsp of gram flour
- 2 tbsp of wheat gluten
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 chia or flax egg or you can also use a commercial egg replacement
- salt to taste
5 easy steps
- Finely chop the onion and sauté with a pinch of self in a frying pan.
- Grate the potato, add to the pan and cook until slightly toasted. Then set aside.
- Mix the vegan egg with 2 tbsp of chickpea flour, gluten, and cold water. Stir until the mixture looks like a beaten egg, add bicarbonate of soda and mix again.
- Mix with the potato with the flour mixture, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into a frying pan and cook until you can flip it over. Toast on both sides and enjoy.
You will probably like this zucchini omelette too: