A show-stopper to impress your guests.
Cauliflower has a lot of nutrients and antioxidants. It also contains fiber that helps enhance weight loss and digestion and it helps prevent cholesterol.
This recipe, although simple, is a show-stopper to impress your guests. It's healthy, full of beneficial and delicious spices, and vegan. So let's get to it!
- 1 large cauliflower
- 80 grams of raw crushed almonds
- 1 tsp of fennel seeds
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp of black or yellow mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp of black peppercorns
- 2 cloves
- 1 tsp of ground turmeric
- 1 tsp of coriander seeds (coriander kernels)
- a pinch of pinch cayenne or hot paprika
- fresh parsley or coriander to taste
- 1 thick natural yoghurt (we recommend Greek Soy or Coconut yoghurt for texture)
- 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic
- 1/2 lemon
- salt and extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC (320ºF)
- Place the almonds on one baking tray and grains and seeds on the other and place both in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. Wash thoroughly and drain the excess water.
- Increase the oven temperature to 220ºC (428ºF). Crash the toasted spices in a mortar or grind using a blender, adding the ground turmeric and the cayenne or hot paprika, until you have a more or less homogeneous mixture.
- Place the cauliflower in a bowl and mix with the spices, a splash of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Spread on a baking sheet and roast, stirring occasionally, for about 20-25 minutes. The cauliflower should be al dente, tender on the inside but slightly hard and toasted on the outside.
For the yoghurt dressing
Season the yoghurt with salt and pepper, add the zest and lemon juice and a little olive oil, mix well until it has a creamy texture. To decorate, cover with the previously washed and chopped parsley and almonds.
You may also be interested in: