From a delicious Mexican dinner to some dips or dressings, you will need this sour cream to be like the originals.
Sour cream is a popular fermented dairy product that’s consumed in a variety of ways. It is often used as a condiment on top dishes like soups and baked potatoes, but it can also be used as an ingredient in baked goods like cakes, cookies, and biscuits.
It is made by combining cream, which is the high-fat layer skimmed off the top of whole milk, with lactic acid bacteria. These bacteria consume the sugar in the cream, also known as lactose, and release lactic acid as a waste product.
Lactic acid causes the cream to become more acidic, resulting in a tangy, sour taste.
Check out our recipe based on tofu. It has fewer components that affect the body, the recipe is very simple And it is the ideal substitute if you have lactose intolerance or do not consume dairy.
Follow this simple recipe for a delicious sour vegan cream!
- 150 grams of tofu
- ½ lemon (juice)
- 2 tbsp of agave syrup
- 2 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of mustard
- 1 tbsp of cup oil
Steps to make this recipe
- Prepare all the ingredients for the vegan sour cream.
- First, cut the tofu into pieces and place in the mixer glass, add the oil, mustard, agave syrup, lemon juice, and salt.
- Crush the ingredients of the vegan sour cream until there is a smooth and homogeneous sour cream of tofu.
- Serve the vegetable sour cream for dipping or spreading or in other preparations that require it as an ingredient.
- If you have leftover, keep the tofu sour cream in the fridge so that it stays in good condition for longer.