Try these quick and simple chickpea brownies. A fantastic protein-rich snack and a delicious treat to have with your afternoon tea.
What you need (serves 4):
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 12 medium dates
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 100 g dark chocolate
- Optional: 1 scoop of your protein of choice
What to do:
1. Blend the chickpeas, the cocoa, and the maple syrup (and the protein if using) until smooth. Layer a cake tin with some parchment paper and press the dough with a spoon until evenly spread. This is your base.
2. Blend the dates and cashews until well-mixed. Layer on top of the base.
3. Melt the chocolate and pour over the cashews and dates layer.
4. Place in the freezer for around 15 minutes. Then cut into squares and serve.