Most people associate barbecues with hot dogs, hamburgers, and steaks, but it doesn't have to be that way! Here are 3 meat and dairy-free recipes, totally perfect for your next summer barbecue.
These recipes are not only suitable for vegetarians, they can also be a fantastic addition to omnivores who want to add more variety to their barbecues.
These vegetable skewers are an ideal option to share with friends or family before any meal. They will provide you with vitamins and minerals of plant origin in an original way. The way you season them is undoubtedly the key to making them delicious!
Vegetables cut into slices (peppers, mushrooms, onion, zucchini, tomatoes. You choose!)
- Oil and salt.
- Wash and chop the vegetables.
- Prepare the skewers, alternating the vegetables (soak the skewers in the water previously, so they do not burn).
- Protect them with aluminum foil that you will remove at the end when you want to brown them in the final part of the roast. Season and sprinkle with oil.
2-Mini textured-soy burger.
If you are a hamburger lover, this recipe is for you! It is very simple to prepare and as it contains soy, you will be consuming protein, without having to resort to meat.
- 100 g of textured soybeans
- 2-3 tablespoons of flour
- Half an onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 glass of hot water
- Garlic powder
- Cumin powder
- Smoked paprika
- Fresh basil leaves
- Pickled gherkins
- Fresh lettuce
- Hydrate the textured soybeans with hot water for a few minutes.
- Remove the excess water by pressing with our hands and knead well adding the flour, spices (garlic, cumin, paprika ...), and salt.
- Chop the green pepper very finely and add it as well.
- When you have the dough ready, form the hamburgers. Grill them on the barbecue and serve them on buns with lettuce.
3-Roasted Eggplant with Tzatziki Sauce.
Eggplants are undoubtedly a must in your diet. Ther are rich in minerals such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, and phosphorus. These help to prevent arthritis, osteoporosis, and heart disease.
- Milk (it can be soy, almond, coconut milk. As you prefer)
- Mint and chopped parsley.
- For Tzatziki sauce:
- Clean and cut the eggplant in half. Let them rest in a plate with milk for half an hour to remove the bitterness.
- Roast them on the grill seasoned and with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the Tzatziki sauce and enjoy.