No time to cook? In need of a healthy picnic option? Look no further than this delicious vegan sandwich. Quick and easy to make, it will provide enough nutrients to keep you full for longer. Accompany with a side salad, falafel, or fries. Enjoy!
- 1 cup of cooked chickpeas
- 3 tbsp of tahini
- 4 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups of canned artichoke hearts
- 8 slices of bread
- 2 cup of arugula
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
Quick and easy
- Process the chickpeas with the tahini, lemon juice, and garlic. If necessary, add a little water to adjust the texture, once it has a smooth consistency, rectify the seasoning and reserve.
- Stirfry the artichokes with a little oil until they turn golden-brown, and remove excess oil on absorbent paper.
- Toast the bread slices on a griddle, smear a little hummus, and top with artichokes.
- Add the arugula, previously mixed with the olive oil and the balsamic vinegar.
You may also like this recipe!