You heard it right! A sponge cake with no dairy no eggs and since corn is used as a base, no gluten, making it suitable for celiacs. And It is super healthy.
You only need a few ingredients. You can fill it with jam you like or top with the fruit of your choice.
- 4 tbsp of coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- juice of 1 orange
- 180 grams of diary-free Yogurt
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 100 g of polenta (cornmeal)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 100 g almonds flour
- Preheat the oven 180ºC / 350ºF.
- Mix the coconut oil, the yogurt, the orange juice, and the vanilla extract in a bowl. If you like you can add the orange zest to enhance the flavor.
- Then add the polenta, the baking powder, and the almond flour. Mix with enveloping movements until you get a homogenous mass.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
Let it cool and voila!
You may also like this recipe: