There is nothing better than a vibrant colorful nourishing bowl to get you through the day! Try this healthy and simple bowl and never look back.
For the bowl
- 250g of soaked and cooked lentils.
- 1 large sweet potato cut into wedges
- 2 carrots cut into chunks.
- 1/2 cup cooked wild red rice
- 2 spring onion, chopped
For the beetroot hummus
- 3 medium beets
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of tahini
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
To make the hummus:
- Peel the beat then cut them into quarters. Toss them with olive oil then wrap them in tinfoil.
- Place the foil-wrapped beets on a baking tray and roast them in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until they can be easily pierced with a knife.
- Unwrap the beets and let them cool.
To make the bowl:
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Add sweet potatoes, carrots, and any other vegetable to taste and roast approx 40 minutes or until backed and tender.
- Once the beets have cooled put in your food processor. Add the tahini, maple syrup, lemon juice, sea salt, pepper, and process until smooth.
- Put the roasted vegetables into a bowl with greens of your choice. Mix through cooked red rice and lentils and serve with beetroot hummus dressing.
You may also like this recipe!