Potato es one of the most popular vegetables on earth and although it is very tasty and can be prepared in many ways, it also has many properties that can help our body. It is not only carbohydrates! Learn more about the potato.
Potato has an advantage: there are endless ways to prepare it. Boiled, baked, or fried. There are many ways to consume potatoes. Some are healthier, some are tastier, some are softer.
However, the way in which you decide to consume potato it does not matter because this vegetable has many properties for our health that can be used by the body in different processes. Learn what is this about and think about how you can take advantage of potato benefits!
- Potato is a type of complex carbohydrate, which makes it a 100% natural energy source.
- It has high levels of proteins.
- It is a source of antioxidants and essential nutrients.
- It is a source of minerals like potassium, manganese, and magnesium.
- Folic acid and iron present in potato help treat anemia and they also stimulate and produce red blood cells in the body.
The origin of the potato is established in 8000 BC. in the Andean highlands, approximately in the south of present-day Peru, and still, today it is a very popular food in the world. In the United States, National Potato Day is celebrated on August 19.
Check out these recipes and get inspired on this day!
- Cauliflower and potato skin soup: a yummy zero waste lunch
You may also like these articles!