In addition to being one of the star ingredients of pizza, mushrooms have a large number of benefits.
If you are not including mushrooms in all your meals, there is something you are doing wrong! They are super tasty and packed with nutrients. In fact, it can be said that you can’t go wrong with mushrooms, here's why they make for an amazing addition to any meal. After reading this article, you will want to eat them every day.
- Mushrooms are low in calories since between 80 and 90% of their composition is water.
- Vitamin D-enhanced mushrooms are the only non-animal food product with good amounts of bioavailable vitamin D.
- Due to their high content of prebiotics, mushrooms are indicated to counteract the effects of antibiotics since they help restore the intestinal flora naturally.
- Mushrooms contain unusually high amounts of two antioxidants that could boost your health.
- Mushrooms are rich in minerals, such as iron, potassium, and phosphorous, and they also contain plenty of protein, making them an ideal choice for vegans and vegetarians.
Take advantage of all the properties of mushrooms with this incredible recipe for Portobello Mushroom Nuggets