This high-protein and filling recipe is easy and quick to make. You only need a few ingredients and a little time.
- ⅔ cup of water
- ⅓ cup of quinoa
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and peeled
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of rinsed chickpeas
- 1/2 cup of carrot, shredded
- ½ avocado, diced
- greens of your choice
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in quinoa. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed (about 15 minutes). Use a fork to fluff and separate the grains; let cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle salt over garlic on a cutting board. Mash the garlic with the side of a spoon until paste forms. Scrape into a medium bowl. Whisk in lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, and pepper. Transfer 3 Tbsp. of the dressing to a small bowl and set aside.
- Add chickpeas, carrot, and avocado to the bowl with the remaining dressing; gently toss to combine. Let stand for 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Add the quinoa and gently toss to coat.
- Place greens in a large bowl and toss with the reserved 3 Tbsp. dressing. Divide the greens between 2 plates and top with the quinoa mixture.
You may also like this recipe!