Mediterranean diet is one of the healthiest in the world. Full of wholesome, seasonal products, this diet provides an unbelievable amount of nutrients our bodies crave. But that doesn't mean your meals have to be bland or boring. Try this DELICIOUS stuffed squash. A true show-stopper the whole family will love.
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 package baby spinach
- 1 cup 1 package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- Crushed red pepper & chopped fresh basil for garnish
Note: To make it vegan-friendly, replace the cheese with a vegan one.
- Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds. Place it halves cut-side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 200ºC/400º F until tender, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine spinach and 1 tbsp water in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Use a fork to scrape the squash from the shells into the bowl. Place the shells on a baking sheet. Stir artichoke hearts, cream cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan, salt, and pepper into the squash mixture. Divide it between the squash shells and top with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- Broil until the cheese is golden brown, about 3 minutes.