What if you could have a perfect dinner that is low carbs, vegan and super taste? Here’s a super easy and quick recipe to prepare regularly at home!
If you are trying to cut down on carbs, but you are finding it difficult here is one super simple recipe you can include in your weekly meals. It is super tasty, quick to make and you don’t need many ingredients! Casseroles are a great option if you want to reduce some calories but you still want to keep your meals high in flavor!
Ingredients (Servings 4)
- 15g dried mixed mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 400g mixed mushrooms, such as chestnut, shiitake and Portobello
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 180g cooked and peeled chestnuts
- 100ml red wine (or water)
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves (or 1 tsp dried thyme)
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tsp cornflour
- Soak the dried mushrooms for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a flame-proof casserole and fry the onion and fresh mushrooms until the onion is softened and the mushrooms golden and add the garlic.
- Toss the soaked mushrooms and add the stock cube, then stir in the chestnuts, wine or water, tomato purée, thyme and bay leaves.
- Season to taste, bring to a simmer, and cover the pan and cook for about 12 minutes.
- Mix the cornflour with two tablespoons cold water to form a paste, then stir into the mushroom mixture. Cook for a further one to two minutes until the sauce is done!
You may also like this article!