Have any leftover porridge or oatmeal? Don't throw it away! It can help you built a super-energizing and delicious breakfast that will keep you full until lunch.
- 110 gr of butter, plus extra for greasing
- 170 gr soft brown sugar
- 100 gr rolled oats
- 50 gr of desiccated coconut
- 150 gr of self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp of golden syrup
- 230gr of leftover porridge
Note: you can use vegan butter for a vegan-friendly snack.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/160ºC. Lightly greased at 20 cm square brownie tin.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Place the butter and golden syrup in a small saucepan over low heat and allow it to melt.
- Remove from the heat and add the leftover porridge. Still well so that the porridge is evenly distributed in the butter mixture.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the butter mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Press the mixture into the prepared tin using the back of a spoon to smooth the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the top is nice and golden. Leave to cool completely in the tin, then cut into bars or squares as desired.
You may also like this article!