Today in Koko News, we bring you several ways to replace eggs in your kitchen. There are many easy ideas from which you can choose the ones you like.
Here's how to make the best cakes, scrambled eggs, omelettes, quiches, and more, without harming the chickens. Take a look at these options:
In pastry recipes, each egg used to make muffins, cupcakes, pancakes or cookies can be replaced by these formulas free from animal suffering:
- 2 tbsp water + 1 tbsp oil + 2 tbsp of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of mashed ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup of applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp of flaxseeds (or chia) + 3 tbsp of water *
- 2 tbsp of hot water + 1 tbsp of agar-agar (vegetable gelatin). Let it rest until it thickens
- 1 heaping tbsp of soy flour + 2 tbsp of water
* Let the seeds rest in the water for 5 to 10 minutes until they achieve a gelatinous consistency. You can also grind the chia grains or directly mix 1 heaping tablespoon of chia seed flour in 3 tablespoons of water.
In all your dishes, including meatballs, pies, and veggie burgers, you can substitute each egg for:
- 1 tbsp of vinegar + 1 tsp of baking soda.
- 2 tbsp of instant mashed potatoes.
- 1/4 cup of pureed tofu.
- 2 tbsp of canned tomato paste.
Vegan scrambled eggs:
- To make a scramble, you only need to drain 1 block of firm tofu (use kitchen paper to wrap the tofu and absorb the water it contains for 15 minutes).
- Crumble it, add herbs, cooked vegetables and spices to taste (curry and turmeric add color and flavor).
- Cook the mixture in a pan with a pinch of oil until golden brown.