Kale is one of the healthiest and most nutritious foods on the planet. Let's see why and how you can add more Kale to your daily diet.
Why is kale so good for you?
1. It improves your skin.
Kale has a good concentration of Omega 3 and 6 acids which helps in keeping the body strong, healthy, and beautiful. It can help to give the skin a healthy appearance and improve the overall tone. Moreover, any leafy greens, including kale, will provide a host of vitamins and antioxidants that will help your body fight free radicals, responsible for the premature aging process among other things.
2. It is an Excellent Source of Vitamin C.
The truth is, kale is one of the world's best sources of vitamin C. A cup of raw kale contains even more vitamin C than a whole orange. This is very helpful for your immune system, your metabolism, and your hydration.
3. Kale protects your heart
Steamed kale is 43% as potent as cholestyramine, a cholesterol-lowering drug that functions similarly. Kale contains bile acid sequestrants, which can lower cholesterol levels. This might lead to a reduced risk of heart disease over time.
4. It's a great source of vitamin K.
It may not be that usual to hear about vitamin K. But what is it about this vitamin that makes it so good? Well, vitamin K is critical for blood clotting and does this by "activating" certain proteins and giving them the ability to bind calcium. Kale is one of the world's best sources of vitamin K, with a single raw cup containing almost 7 times the recommended daily amount.
Ways of including Kale in your daily diet
Adding kale to your diet is relatively simple
- A popular snack is kale chips, where you drizzle some extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil on your kale, add some salt, and then bake in it an oven until dry. It tastes delicious and makes a great crunchy, super healthy snack.
- A lot of people also add kale to their smoothies to boost the nutritional value. In a blender put a bunch of kale (make sure to remove the stems) and, some veggies, or fruits (some bananas would be ideal). Remember to add milk, coconut water and ice. Mix everything and that's it!
Include Kale in salads. You can replace spinach or lettuce with kale. Make sure you remove the ribs from the leaves and massage them with some dressing to make the leaves more tender.
- If you normally add vegetables to the pizza, kale can't be missing! Kale pizza is delicious. You can marinate the kale first in spicy sauce, soya sauce, or miso.
You may also like this article!