If you are looking for a low-carb chocolate chip cookie, search no more! Here is the perfect recipe with a few ingredients that are probably sitting in your pantry.
Instead of using traditional flour, you can actually use chickpeas! No one will ever know you’ve used chickpeas in your recipe –the key is in getting the perfect texture.
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup smooth almond butter or cashew butter, unsalted –if you don’t have, you can actually use peanut butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- You may also like this article!
1. While you prepare your cookie dough, preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Toss the chickpeas and the nut butter into a food processor or mixer and blend well.
3. Add the maple syrup and vanilla and blend for a few minutes more until the mixture is completely smooth.
4. Add the baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix well.
5. Now add the chocolate chips and drop tablespoons of the dough onto a baking sheet and bake for 12 or 15 minutes until they’ve browned on the edges.
Your cookies will be ready to enjoy!
You may also like this article!