A healthy vegan version of “wings” and buffalo sauce?Yes, please.
Whether you’re vegetarian, vegan or are just looking for a way to consume more veg, we give you a healthy recipe for cauliflower wings, a snack that everyone will want to devour.
This version of wings is also baked instead of fried to avoid using huge amounts of oil.
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 60 ml of lemon juice
- 60 grams of flour
- 120 ml of water
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 160 ml of buffalo sauce
- 1/8 tsp of paprika
- 1/8 tsp of dried dill
- Place the walnuts with 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, and cover with water. Let them soak for 2 hours.
- In a bowl, mix flour, water, garlic powder, and sea salt. Soak the cauliflower florets in this mixture, trying to cover all the nooks and crannies. Arrange the cauliflower on the previously prepared baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. and bake for 15 minutes, turning the "wings" half-way through.
- In another medium bowl, mix the coconut oil with the buffalo sauce. Remove the cauliflower wings from the oven, and very carefully because they are hot, cover each one with the buffalo sauce. Return the cauliflower to the tray and bake for an additional 25 minutes, or until crisp.