Who says that a healthy vegetarian dish can’t be delicious?
We are set to prove that cooking easy, quick, and healthy dishes can lead to some amazing results. Our lettuce lentil tacos are an ideal example of a hearty lunch that won’t make you feel heavy.
- 8 Fresh lettuce leaves
- 180 grams of Lentils
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 1 Tomato, sliced in small cubes
- 1 Small avocado
- Juice of half a lemon
- cm3 of Olive Oil
- Salt, pepper and ground chili to taste
- Wash and boil the lentils in plenty of water until they are soft. Set aside to cool. Meanwhile, sauté the diced onion in a pan with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- When the onion is golden brown, add the cooked lentils along with ground chili to give the delicious spicy touch to the mixture.
- Remove from the heat and top up with lemon juice.
- Wash the lettuce leaves, drain and arrange on a plate.
- Fill each lettuce leaf with the lentil mixture either cold or warm, your choice!). Top with guacamole and decorate with a few slices of fresh tomato.
These rich tacos will also make a perfect snack for friends or can be served as a main dish, accompanied by baked corn chips.