This recipe is a healthier and lighter version of the all-time favorite Carrot cake.
The peculiarity of this recipe is that the carrots are not grated, as they usually are in carrot cakes. This makes the taste smoother, but still with the characteristic flavor and sweetness that this vegetable adds.
- 2 eggs
- 2 carrots
- 1/3 cup of oil (you can use coconut oil or any vegetable oil)
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups of gluten-free flour
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
Note: you can use wholemeal flour or self-rising flour (if using, forgo the baking powder).
- The first step is to chop the carrots and boil them until they soften. Then remove the water and mash the carrots.
- Mix the eggs and the oil in a bowl and incorporate the sugar and the flour.
- Pour the mixture into a small mold and place it into an oven at 180º C (356º F) for 25/30 minutes.
Optional: decorate with powdered sugar
You may also like this article!