Tired of rice? Looking for a way to eat more veg? Look no further. Our cauliflower rice is a super healthy way to add more vegetables to your diet!
Cauliflower is low in calories but high in fiber and water. These properties help you with weight loss. Fiber is a super important nutrient, lacking in the diets of over 97% of westerners. Also, cauliflower is significantly lower in carbs than grains and legumes, so it's ideal for those who follow a low-carb diet. This recipe is also a perfect alternative for those who try to avoid gluten or are just tired of cooking rice as a gluten-free option. Above all, it’s delicious!
- 1 cauliflower
- 250 grams of extra firm tofu block
- 1 tbsp of avocado or coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 grated ginger
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup of grated carrot
- 1/2 cup of corn kernels
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- chopped chives
- 1/4 cup of toasted sesame seeds
Turn cauliflower into rice
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces and put it in the bowl of the food processor, and pulse as many times as necessary to get the size of the rice grains and reserve.
- Take the extra firm tofu out of the package, drain very well, and place it in the bowl of the food processor and pulse until it is completely disintegrated.
Making fried rice without a rice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add a tablespoon of oil, add the garlic and ginger. Then add the cauliflower and mix very well, leave it for five minutes or until the cauliflower starts to lose liquid.
- Add the rest of the vegetable and stir continuously so that it does not stick.
- Lastly, add the soy sauce and toasted sesame oil, mix well and serve.
- Top with chopped chives and roasted sesame seeds and serve!
You may also like this recipe: