The actress has been perfecting her cooking skills while in lockdown.
We all had to learn how to do more cooking while staying home. Suddenly, just getting a sandwich or a salad at the local take-away is no longer an option. On her website, Goop, Paltrow outlined the three rules she follows in the kitchen to make cooking for the whole family a little bit easier:
1. Pick crowd-pleasers. Make a meal you know will satisfy everyone.
2. Make a double batch. Gwyneth suggests making a few things in big batches so you can use them throughout the week.
3. Use it up. Now is the time to get creative, use everything, and throw away as little as possible.
Definitely, ideas we will implement, not only during quarantine but after it as well. Using up leftovers and making extra portions to rely on when time is short are both fantastic ways to save time, money and energy.
Paltrow also shared a recipe of her go-to salad. Simple and healthy, this will make an excellent side to any main or a perfect light lunch.
- 1 head romaine, chopped
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 or 3 cooked red beets, diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 3 pepperoncini, sliced
GP’s favorite vinaigrette :
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons real maple syrup
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- coarse salt
- black pepper
Mix all the ingredients and top with the vinaigrette. Serves 2-3