Greek yogurt and frozen fruit is one of my favorite breakfasts of all times, but is it too fatty? Is it actually healthy? I did some research to find out.
What is Greek yogurt?
Greek yogurt is not actually made in Greece and imported to different countries. Greek yogurt that has been strained to remove the whey, lactose and sugar content.
Benefits of consuming Greek yogurt
- It is a great way to include protein in plant-based diets as it is a good source of protein –essential for cell repair, organ function and energy.
- Another good thing about Greek yogurt is that it is a good source of B12 vitamins. This vitamin is paramount as its deficiency can cause nerve damage and it is only present in animal foods.
- Greek yogurt is reduced in sodium and high in potassium –potassium regulates blood pressure.
- It is a good source of probiotics that help reduce and balance bacteria in the intestines.
- It is a good source of calcium.
The bottom line is that it is a good way to incorporate nutrients when you have a plant-based diet and it has no negative effect.
You may also like these articles!