If you are looking for a recipe for Gluten-free Cannelloni with Delicious Vegan Bolognese here we tell you the best recipe that you can make very easy and in a few minutes.
The cannelloni is usually made from a thin, square dough that once boiled is filled and rolled into a tubular shape. However, for this recipe, we will use pancakes, with a twist, of course!
Gluten-free Cannelloni with Delicious Vegan Bolognese
The cannelloni was born in Italy, but in the 18th century, it began to be incorporated by other cultures. It has mainly influenced French cuisine, where béchamel sauce was added to this dish.
For the pancakes
- 12 tbsp of rice flour
- 4 tbsp of cornstarch
- 6 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 400 ml of warm water
- Salt and vegetable oil to taste
- a pinch of turmeric
For the filling
- 1 ¾ cup of soy milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 20 grams of fresh chopped chive
- 1 block of tofu
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg, and dried thyme to taste
For the Pancakes
- Place the rice flour, cornstarch, sunflower oil, warm water, salt, and turmeric, in a bowl and beat until smooth, cover the bowl, and let it rest for 10 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add a little more water.
- Pour a little vegetable oil into a pancake pan or small skillet. Pour the mixture and cook on both sides, stack the pancakes, and cover them so they do not dry.
For the Filling
- Process tofu, soy milk, minced garlic, nutritional yeast, and seasonings to taste. Don't overdo it, make sure you leave some "meaty bits". Once processed add the chive.
- Pour a drizzle of oil into a pan and put the pancakes together. Cover them with Bolognese sauce. Cover the source with aluminum foil and take it to the oven at medium temperature.
- Serve with a little more hot sauce and sprinkle with flaked nutritional yeast.
Don't forget to check out our vegan bechamel source recipe here!