Few people know all the properties and uses that are attributed to this wonder, so here we tell you everything you need to know about cayenne pepper: what it is, properties, benefits, and much more.
Also called red pepper or chili powder, this spice has proven to be of great value in many parts of the world, not only for the incredible flavor it gives to preparations, but also for the many benefits it offers for our health.
Full of vitamins
- Cayenne peppers are an excellent source of vitamin C, which contributes to collagen synthesis to maintain healthy skin, blood vessels, bones, and organs, and helps improve your immunity.
- Cayenne is also a good source of vitamin B6, manganese, niacin, riboflavin, magnesium, and iron, as well as potassium, which helps control your heart rate and blood pressure.
- The capsaicin in cayenne appears to bring relief from headaches by destroying Substance P, a neurotransmitter that helps send pain signals.
Helps you lose weight
- Science shows that cayenne pepper contains heat-producing compounds that create a phenomenon known as thermogenesis, which consumes oxygen in your body and can result in weight loss.
Grapefruit, orange, and cayenne pepper juice
- 2 oranges
- 1 grapefruit
- ¼ cup of filtered water
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder
- Squeeze the oranges and the grapefruit.
- Place the citrus liquid with the water in a tall glass and add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder.
- Stir gently.
- Drink it immediately.
This wonderful juice of grapefruit, orange, and cayenne pepper with a hint of spice is a perfect ally in a healthy lifestyle. It is easy to prepare and it also gives us energy. It only has 3 ingredients that do us good to cleanse the body of toxins and it helps us lose weight. Of course, you can add cayenne pepper in all of your foods. If you don't like a spicy taste, you can just one tablespoon.