Jarred meals are ideal for those days when you don't have time to cook. Today we bring you two recipes in jars that are full of healthy ingredients and delicious flavors. Have you tried them yet?
Food in jars allows us to play with the flavors, letting our imagination fly to the fullest. You can prepare it the night before or even days before and it will be ready to eat whenever you want. The options are endless.
Instant salad in a jar:
- 2 tbsp of vinaigrette of your choice
- 1/2 Cup of firm tofu in medium cubes
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Cup of cucumber in triangles
- 1/4 Piece of avocado in medium cubes
- 4 tbsp chickpea cooked
- 1/2 Cup of French lettuce leaf washed, disinfected, and chopped
- 1 tbsp of parsley leaves washed and disinfected
- Place all the ingredients in order of appearance in an airtight jar and reserve in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy.
- Shake before consuming it to impregnate all the ingredients with the flavor of the vinaigrette.
Instant noodles in a jar:
- 1 to 3 tsp of flavor base (soup stock paste)
- 1 to 3 tsp of extra flavoring: chili-garlic sauce, soy sauce or coconut milk, etc. (optional).
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup filler ingredients (frozen carrots, frozen peas, etc).
- 3/4 to 1 cup noodles (cooked udon, cooked yakisoba, or ramen).
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh herbs.
- Place the flavor base in the bottom of the jar.
- Add the filler ingredients on top of the flavor base.
- Top the vegetables with the noodles.
- Lastly, add the flavoring extras and fresh herbs.
- Keep it sealed in the refrigerator till you eat it.
- Once you are ready to have your meal, add hot water. Seal it and shake it. That's it! Ready to eat!