It is a very used fruit because its flavor enhances any food or drink. It also has many benefits that you probably did not know, and will absolutely love!
Although many people recommend drinking water with lemon, it is not a magic beverage or a treatment. However, it can provide nutrients for our body. Discover all the benefits water with lemon can give you.
Lemon has large amounts of vitamin C, sugars, dietary fiber, potassium, folic acid, calcium, thiamine, vitamin B6, and magnesium, among others. This is why drinking water with lemon can help you in many ways. And you can also do it on an empty stomach.
Benefits of drinking water with lemon:
- It helps to eat less. Lemon has pectin fibers that contribute to reducing the feeling of hunger. In this way, you will surely reduce the amount of food consumed.
- Purifies. Lemon helps to eliminate toxins and to avoid some digestion symptoms like acidity.
- Lemon has anti-inflammatory action.
- Because of the vitamins that lemon provides, it helps to strengthen the immune system.
- Drinking water with lemon also helps to the mouth because it prevents gum diseases.
- A glass of warm water with lemon in the morning stimulates the metabolism. It wakens the body up.
- Lemon helps detoxify the liver, boost immunity and energy. Infusing water with basil or tarragon leaves for its antispasmodic properties, or mint with relaxing properties enhances the effects of lemon. Also, include a few slices of cucumber for extra hydration. There are three main benefits lemons can offer:
- Water is the best way to stay hydrated, but some people -like me- don’t like the taste of it on its own. Adding lemon makes water tastier, which may help you drink more.
- Lemon is high in vitamin C, a primary antioxidant that helps protect cells from damaging free radicals.
- Lemon water works as a daily morning laxative to help prevent constipation.
How to include lemon water in your routine
As we have said, in terms of detox, warm lemon water is a natural purifier. But you should follow these steps for it to really work. Take note!
Everything in its right balance
Well-being is a sum of everything and it is of little use to indulge in health trends if the rest of our habits are not adequate. With that said, let's talk about the new take on the classic lemon water drinking trick. As long as we accompany healthy practices, exercise, nutrition, and good sleep, the equation is perfect.
Natural detox: water with lemon on an empty stomach
Drinking water on an empty stomach, with or without lemon, will not burn fat, but it will help purify our body and activate its drainage and metabolism. It is recommended to incorporate the water first thing in the morning when the drainage mechanisms are more active and thus enhance the elimination of liquids. If you have acid reflux, consult your doctor first.
So... it really works?
For this habit to really work, you must filter the water to eliminate possible toxins and incorporate the sliced lemon, without squeezing it, to take advantage of all its benefits, including those of the peel.
What if we combine lemon juice with ginger?
Ginger: an ancient and powerful root
Ginger is a flowering plant that originated in Southeast Asia. The rhizome, known as ginger root, is among the healthiest spices on the planet. Ginger can be used fresh, dried, powdered, as an oil, or as juice. Not only will you find it in recipes, but also in some cosmetics, as its powerful properties are also beneficial to hair and skin treatments.
Ginger is also popular for its flavor and efficiency in fighting common symptoms: it’s been used for many years to improve digestion and combat flu symptoms. There’s a study published by Integrative Medicine Insights that explained how the consumption of ginger can be helpful to naturally treat vomiting and nausea, especially morning sickness.
Furthermore, another study published by Nutrition Magazine suggested that the daily consumption of ginger could also have a positive impact when preventing cardiovascular and coronary diseases. This amazing plant has benefits of all kinds!
How about combining lemon and ginger?
When you combine ginger and lemon together to lose some weight, you’re giving it an extra boost as well. It’s a safe way to keep your body healthy and satisfied, as lemon juice can act as an appetite suppressant. In just a few simple steps, you’ll be able to take advantage of both ginger and lemon at home! You’ll just need:
- A small piece of ginger without its skin.
- A cup of water.
- Half lemon juice.
- Honey to taste.
- Cut the ginger in slices or you can even grate it, so you can also enhance the beverage.
- Heat water in a cooking pot and add the lemon juice and the ginger previously grated.
- Before boiling, turn off the heating and let it rest for 10 minutes.