Peter started out his professional life as a restaurant critic but ended up moving to the kitchen, realizing that his passion didn’t only lie in tasting the food, but MAKING it. Follow his delicious recipes, as well as useful articles about the many benefits healthy and delicious food will bring to your life.+ info
Did you know dragon fruit has antitumor and anti-inflammatory properties? Check them out.
Pitaya or dragon fruit (as most of us know it) contains, among others, antioxidants, mucilages, ascorbic acid, phenols. This fruit is rich in Vitamin C, it also contains B group vitamins (such as B1 or thiamine, B3 or niacin, and B2 or riboflavin), minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, iron, and has high water content and has vegetable protein and soluble fiber. The seeds, which are edible, contain beneficial fatty acids. Pitahaya has antitumor, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant action.
- Delays cellular aging
- Strengthens the immune system
- Stimulates the production of white and red blood cells and platelets
- May prevent arteriosclerosis
- Helps us regulate intestinal transit
- Reduces the risk of stroke and heart attack
- Reduces uric acid or gout levels
- Helps us prevent kidney stones
- The pitahaya is a satiating fruit