Did you know that granola has many benefits? Its consumption is related to great benefits for health and beauty. It is an easy product to get, and you can consume it in several ways! Keep on reading for more!
In addition to providing calories, granola is rich in protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals such as iron, calcium, potassium, zinc, and magnesium. The nutritional value of granola depends on the ingredients used in its preparation.
The health benefits of consuming granola
- It combats and alleviates the symptoms of constipation, as it is rich in fibers that favor an increase in stool volume and intestinal transit, making the stool come out more easily.
- It promotes weight loss because fiber increases the feeling of fullness and gives greater satiety.
- It helps to prevent cardiovascular diseases since it helps to lower cholesterol. Oats are rich in beta-glucans, a type of fiber that helps reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol and reduces cardiovascular risk.
- It promotes skin rejuvenation and reduces the risk of developing cancer because some ingredients such as coconut, walnuts, chia seeds or flaxseed, for example, are rich in selenium, vitamin E, omega-3 that act as antioxidants, preventing cell damage caused by free radicals.
- It could help improve blood pressure because, according to some studies, fiber in general, as well as some ingredients such as chia seeds and oats, help regulate blood pressure.
- It could help regulate blood sugar, depending on the ingredients it contains. Hwever, seeds, oats and nuts have been shown in various studies to promote blood sugar control and may be beneficial for people who are overweight and have prediabetes.
- It improves the appearance of the hair, as it is rich in proteins, zinc, selenium, and other minerals that contribute to the growth and health of the hair strands.
- It provides energy and promotes the increase of muscle mass because it is rich in carbohydrates, proteins and good fats that provide energy and that together with the appropriate exercise favors muscle hypertrophy.
It is important to note that when buying industrialized granola, it is crucial to read the nutritional labelling, to choose the healthiest one, avoiding those that contain sugars or sweeteners.