Make these quick and easy energy balls for a delicious snack or a nutritious dessert.
What you need:
For the filling
- 15 dates
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Almond or oat milk
For the balls
- 6 large dates
- 1 cup almonds or any nuts (ground to make nut flour)
- 1 cup oats (ground into a powder)
- 50g cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- Any nut milk
- Optional: grated coconut
What to do:
- Blend all the filling ingredients together, adding the milk little by little until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Blend all the cookie ingredients separately, until smooth.
- Place both mixtures in the fridge or freezer for a few hours.
- Make the energy balls.
- Carve a little hole in the middle, fill with the caramel filling and re-close the ball (add more mixture at this point if needed).
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle over the energy balls. Cover with grated coconut if using.
- Freeze until firm and serve!