The sponge cake is a classic that everybody enjoys! Is super easy and quick.
For this homemade sweet cake, you only need 4 ingredients and a little time. It's a really versatile treat. You can fill it with jam you like or top with the fruit of your choice or just use powdered sugar for a stylish presentation.
- 100g vegan margarine
- 150g sugar
- 200g self-raising flour
- 200ml vegetable milk of your choice
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
Note: If you use wholemeal flour or other kind add 1 tsp baking powder.
- In a bowl mix the margarine with the sugar and slowly add the flour little by little. You can use an electric hand blender or by hand (by hand will take longer).
- Put the mixture into a greased baking tin.
- Bake at 180°C / 356ºF for 30 minutes. It's ready when it's golden on top, firm and springy to the touch and a skewer comes out clean
You may also like these recipes!
Source: vegan society