Who doesn't like sushi? Whether you are vegan, or vegetarian, or simply you don't like raw fish, we recommend this vegan recipe that you will definitely love! It may sound difficult at first, but we assure you that making sushi on your own is easier than it seems.
If you want to prepare sushi, you have to know that the key is in the combination of flavors. Undoubtedly, it is a healthy option because it has vegetables and nori sheets which provide several nutrients, calcium and vitamins. It is a good way to stop consuming fish, as it contains large amounts of mercury and you could have a chance of being poisoned. Also by making this recipe you will not be promoting animal abuse.
As soon as you practice it, you will get better, but the key is to cheer yourself up, have a little of patience and take into account some tricks that we are going to explain to you. We assure you it will be cheaper than at the restaurant!
You will need:
- 1 cup of sushi rice
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 3 tbsp of white vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Nori sheets
- Bamboo Sushi Rolling Mat
- 1 avocado cut into strips
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 Carrot cut into strips
- 1/2 Red pepper cut into strips
Some grilled marinated tofu strips
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Season the rice with the sugar, white vinegar and salt and mix very well (make sure the rice is completely cool before preparing the sushi). Set aside.
- Slice all the vegetables thinly.
- To create the vegetable rolls, put the shiny side down of your nori sheet into the bamboo sushi rolling mat. Put a thin layer of rice and make sure to leave about a centimeter space on either end of the nori rolls so that you can close it up when you are ready.
- Next, add the vegetables into the sushi roll.
- Use the sushi rolling mat to roll the sushi tightly. During this step, try to have patience and do it slowly.
- Dip your finger in water and seal the end of the nori so it can hold together.
- Once you are done, cut the roll into slices with a sharp wet knife. That's it!
For dipping, you can use whatever you want, such as soy sauce, Teriyaki sauce, chili garlic sauce, etc.