A quick and simple meal that's bursting with nutrients. This baked sesame tofu will become your staple once you realize how easy yet delicious it is. Don't miss it!
For the tofu
- 1 block of tofu, drained and diced
- 2 tbsp arrowroot tapioca or cornstarch
- 1/2 tbsp of Tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp of olive oil or sesame oil (toasted sesame oil will provide extra flavor)
- Noodles of choice
- Broccoli (steamed or roasted to taste)
- Sesame seeds (black and white to taste)
For the sauce
- 60ml of soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp of water
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1/2 chili flakes or chili paste
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC / 400ºF.
- Place the tofu in a bowl, cover with Tamari or soy sauce, sesame or olive oil and then toss in starch.
- Placed on a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes tossing halfway through.
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions.
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients.
- Once the food is cooked add your sauce to a pan. Allow the heat through for just a minute or two before adding in the tofu and tossing to coat.
- Serve tofu on a bed noodle with broccoli or green vegetables of your choice.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.