There are many ways to include DLGs (dark leafy greens) into your diet: smoothies, salads, juices, and stir-fries among others. Try our vegan cannelloni using Swiss chard that contains an impressive amount of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that your body needs.
- 2 green peppers
- 200 grams of chard
- 16 cups of cannelloni
- 400 grams of tomato puree
- 1 white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 50 grams of cheese or vegan cheese
- 20 ml of olive oil
- 10 grams of dried basil
- oregano, salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / 356ºF
- Wash and boil the chard in salted water for about 15 minutes. Then drain and chop.
- Wash and julienne the bell peppers and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan, place the finely chopped onion, and sauté until crispy. Add the crushed garlic and peppers, salt, and pepper.
- Let the veg cook for about 15 minutes, stirring from time to time, and add the chard and the tomato puree. Add basil and oregano.
- When all the veg become tender, remove from the heat and fill the cannelloni. Please them on a lined baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes and serve hot.
You may also like this recipe!