Tired of having the same store-bought granola, full of added sugars? Granola is easy to make and you can try different flavors, like this delicious banana bread granola. What better way to start your day?
- 200 gr oats
- 60 gr pecan nuts roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp of milled flaxseed
- 1 small piped banana
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 135ºC/ 275ºF.
- Mix together the oats, pecans, and flaxseeds in a large bowl.
- Blend together the banana, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and smooth peanut butter, in a jug with a blender or a food processor until smooth.
- Add wet-dry and mix well to combine. Placed on a baking paper-lined tray and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove and break up into clusters and chunks. It will still be pretty undercooked except for maybe around the edges.
- Carefully give everything a mix-up. Once you have broken it up a bit and return to the oven for a further 25 minutes tossing carefully once or twice so it evenly cooks.
- It should be crispy to the touch but will crispen up more as it cools on the tray.
- One cool store in a seal tight container or jar for a couple of weeks out of direct sunlight.