These delicious muffins are a nutritious way to start the day or make the perfect snack. Wholegrain teff is extremely nutritious, it boasts a wealth of vitamins and minerals and is perfect in baked goods.
- 1 1/2 cups of almond meal
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup of teff flour
- 2 tbsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of ground vanilla extract
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of granulated stevia
- 2 tbsp of coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 160ºC
- Mash the bananas then add milk and liquid sweetener and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, add all the dry ingredients (excluding the coconut flakes) and mix.
- Add the wet ingredients and whisk until smooth batter forms. Spoon into a silicone muffin tray.
- Top each muffin with some coconut flakes and bake for 30 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
You may also like this article!