You can make 100% vegetable versions of our favorite recipes and Asian cuisine is no exception, we have versioned the traditional and well-known Asian food Lo Mein and we have used mushrooms and rice noodles to make it a vegan and gluten-free dish.
Lo Mein is a Chinese dish made from noodles, vegetables, and some animal protein as well, but in our version, we've used mushrooms and rice noodles instead of wheat flour noodles.
Learn how to make this vegan version!
- 75 grams of rice noodles
- 4 mushrooms
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 head of broccoli
- 1/4 red onion
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of water
- 1 tbsp of agave syrup
- 1 tbsp of tapioca or cornstarch flour
How to make delicious vegan Asian food
- Cook the rice noodles following the package instructions, strain, add water to cut the cooking and set aside.
- Chop the vegetables and steam for about 5 minutes or until done but al dente, drain and set aside.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl (the tamari, the oil, the water, the syrup, and the tapioca flour) and stir until they are well integrated.
- Sauté the vegetables in a little olive oil to make them more flavorful and crispier, add the noodles and the sauce in the pan, stir to mix well, and cook for about 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Serve with little chopped chives and sesame seeds.
You may also like this recipe!