This cake is quick and easy to make. You can whip it up using only 3 ingredients. No baking experience needed!
Who doesn't love chocolate? It has a delicious flavor and it makes you feel good, isn’t it? So, before going to this incredible chocolate cake recipe, let’s talk about the benefits of chocolate.
3 benefits of chocolate
Did you know that dark chocolate can actually be good for your health? Here is what science says about it:
1. Dark chocolate can improve brain function
Good news for chocolate lovers! One study found that eating cocoa for five days improved blood flow to the brain of many healthy volunteers. Moreover, it is also said to improve cognitive function in elderly people, leading to better verbal fluency.
2. It can fight against free radicals
Dark chocolate is a great source of antioxidants, components that help reduce the risk of many diseases and fight against free radicals from the body cells, reducing the damage caused by oxidation.
3. It can improve your mood
A study by the University of Swinburne in Australia has shown that cocoa has a beneficial effect on the mood of the participants since it makes them feel calmer and happier.
Chocolate cake recipe
Ingredients (to serve 12)
- 8 large eggs
- 225g unsalted butter (you can use margarine if you're avoiding dairy).
- 450g dark chocolate
How to make it
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C or 320°F. Grease and line a 20cm/8 inch cake tin. Beat the eggs until doubled in volume.
2. Gently melt the butter and the dark chocolate over low heat. Cool slightly and mix with the eggs.
3. Pour the dough into the cake tin and wrap using a foil. Fill 1/3 of a large roasting tin with boiling water and place the cake tin in the middle. Bake for 60 minutes or until done.
Allow to cool and serve topped with icing sugar, grated coconut, and some strawberries!
You may also like this super easy recipe!
Try this delicious 3-ingredient no-bake chocolate dessert!